Institute of Spintronics and Quantum Information, Faculty of Physics,
Adam Mickiewicz University in
A brief introduction to my research
- Excitation of ferromagnetic resonance in ultrathin ferromagnetic films by electric field control of interfacial perpendicular magnetic anisotropy and control of corresponding damping constant by electric field
- Excitation, manipulation and directional channeling of spin waves by electric field-controlled magnetic anisotropy to develop all electric field controlled low-power magnonic devices
- Amplification and manipulation of spin waves by Rashba-Edelstein effect and surface acoustic waves
- Time-resolved magneto-optical microscopy to study quasistatic to ultrafast magnetization dynamics such as magnetization reversal, damping, ferromagnetic resonance, ultrafast demagnetization and remagnetization in various magnetic nanostructures
- Time- and frequency-domain study of precessional magnetization dynamics in various magnetic nanostructures such as magnetic multilayers, dot arrays, nanowires and nanoparticles
- Magnonic crystals: study and control of magnonic band structures in periodic arrays of magnetic nanoelements
- Electrical excitation, manipulation, detection of magnetic Skyrmions in ultrathin films and study their dynamic modes
- Micromagnetic simulations for studying various magnetization processes in various magnetic nanostructures
Selected recent publications
- S. Choudhury, A. K. Chaurasiya, A. K. Mondal, B. Rana, K. Miura, H. Takahashi, Y. Otani and A. Barman, “Voltage controlled on demand magnonic nanochannels”, Sci. Adv. 6, eaba5457 (2020).
Highlighted in Nature Asia.
- M. Xu, K. Yamamoto, J. Puebla, K. Baumgaert, B. Rana, K. Miura, H. Takahashi, D. Grundler, S. Maekawa and Y. Otani, “Nonreciprocal surface acoustic wave propagation via magneto-rotation coupling", Sci. Adv. 6, eabb1724 (2020). Selected as a featured article in Phys.org. Also selected as RIKEN`s Press Release.
- B. Rana, C. Akosa, K. Miura, H. Takahashi, G. Tatara and Y. Otani, “Nonlinear control of damping constant by electric field in ultrathin ferromagnetic films”, Phys. Rev. Applied 14, 014037 (2020).
- A. Deka, B. Rana, R. Anami, K. Miura, H. Takahashi, Y. Otani and Y. Fukuma, “Electric-field control of interfacial in-plane magnetic anisotropy in CoFeB/MgO junctions”, Phys. Rev. B 101, 174405 (2020).
- T. Yokouchi, S. Sugimoto, B. Rana, S. Seki, N. Ogawa, S. Kasai, Y. Otani, “Creation of magnetic skyrmions by surface acoustic waves”, Nat. Nanotechnol. 15, 361–366 (2020). Selected as RIKEN Research Highlight.
- B. Rana, S. Choudhury, K. Miura, H. Takahashi, A. Barman and Y. Otani, “Electric field control of spin waves in ultrathin CoFeB films”, Phys. Rev. B 100, 224412 (2019).
- B. Rana and Y. Otani, “Towards magnonic devices based on voltage-controlled magnetic anisotropy”, Commun. Phys. 2, 90 (2019). Selected as Editor's highlights.
- M. Xu, J. Puebla, F. Auvray, B. Rana, K. Kondou and Y. Otani, "Inverse Edelstein effect induced by magnon-phonon coupling", Phys. Rev. B 97, 180301(R) (2018). Selected as RIKEN Research Highlight.
- B. Rana and Y. Otani, "Voltage-controlled reconfigurable spin-wave nanochannels and logic devices" Phys. Rev. Applied 9, 014033 (2018).
- J. Puebla, F. Auvray, M. Xu, B. Rana, A. Albouy, H. Tsai, K. Kondou, G. Tatara, Y. Otani, "Direct optical observation of spin accumulation at nonmagnetic metal/oxide interface", Appl. Phys. Lett. 111, 092402 (2017). Selected as Editor's pick and RIKEN Research Highlight.
- B. Rana, Y. Fukuma , K. Miura , H. Takahashi & Y. Otani, "Excitation of coherent propagating spin waves in ultrathin CoFeB film by voltage-controlled magnetic anisotropy", Appl. Phys. Lett. 111, 052404 (2017). Selected as RIKEN Research Highlight.
- B. Rana, Y. Fukuma , K. Miura , H. Takahashi & Y. Otani, "Effect of excitation power on voltage induced local magnetization dynamics in an ultrathin CoFeB film", Sci. Rep. 7, 2318 (2017).